Beef Tacos with Salsa Recipe
This authentic Mexican taco recipe is street food at its finest. It’s a great dish for group camping trips as you can make big batches of the filling and hand out the tacos for everyone to fill up.
The dish was created to be an easy taco recipe that captures the incredible flavours of traditional Mexican food while keeping it simple so it can be cooked on a camp stove.
Check out the full recipe below:
Beef Tacos with SalsaCourse: LunchCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Intermediate
200g ground beef
2 bell peppers
Taco spice mix
Small tortilla wraps (corn (GF) or wheat)
Pico de gallo salsa
75ml sour cream
75g grated cheese
- For homemade spice mix
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp salt
- For homemade pico de gallo salsa
1 red onion (finely diced)
4 tomatoes (deseeded and finely diced)
Chopped fresh coriander
Salt and pepper
- Homemade salsa (optional)
- Finely dice all of the ingredients for the salsa and add to a bowl.
- Combine the ingredients by mixing together and finish with a squeeze of lime.
- Continue adding more lime juice and seasoning to taste.
- Beef tacos
- Slice the onion into strips (or dice if preferred), and deseed two peppers before slicing into strips.
- Heat a frying pan on the stove and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once the pan is hot, add the onions and peppers and cook until soft.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and break it up with a spatula.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of the taco spice mix into the pan, stir and continue to cook until the beef is cooked through. Remove the mixture from the pan and set it aside.
- Place a wrap in the centre of the pan and spoon in some of the beef before topping with grated cheese.
- After a few minutes, fold the wrap in half, press down and flip. (The taco should be browned with a crisp exterior and the cheese should have melted.)
- Repeat steps five and six until you have the desired amount of tacos.
- Top the tacos with salsa, sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve with sour cream.
Camp cooking with Sea to Summit
Having the right gear makes all the difference when you’re cooking out on the trail. We produce a wide range of premium camp kitchen accessories that are durable, lightweight and versatile.
Don’t forget to tag #seatosummituk on social media when you post photos of your camp kitchen meals so we can share them!