A Spanish-inspired favourite, this one-pot paella is the perfect summer camping recipe. Just throw your ingredients into your frying pan and wait for the flavours to infuse-it doesn’t get much easier than this.
Try turning it into a chicken and chorizo paella or add in some of your favourite vegetables. You can also scale up the amounts to make a bigger batch for group dinners around the campfire.
Check out the full recipe below:
PaellaCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
200g paella rice
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
600ml vegetable stock
6-8 cherry tomatoes
Pinch of saffron
80ml white wine
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil.
- Chop the garlic and onion then add them to the pan.
- Sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes then stir in the rice.
- Let the rice cook for 1 minute before pouring in the white wine.
- Allow the wine to reduce down for 1-2 minutes then add the tomatoes, paprika and saffron
- Pour over the vegetable stock, stir well and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes until the rice is tender. (If needed, add more water as the paella reduces down).
- Once the rice is cooked to your liking, garnish with parsley and lemon juice before serving.
Camp cooking with Sea to Summit
From simple sausages to gourmet meals for the whole campsite, Sea to Summit camp kitchen accessories bring the comfort of home cooking to the great outdoors. Browse the full collection and discover our range of durable, lightweight products.
Don’t forget to tag #seatosummituk on social media when you post photos of your camp kitchen meals so we can share them!